September 19, 2011 in SimCity 4
Latest Version of the SC4 NAM Released (September 2011)
The Network Addon Mod (NAM) combines all transportation network-related fixes, additions and new creations that have been released so far. It will add countless new features to the existing network tools, such as new overpasses, highway onramps, intersections, ped-malls, a ground light rail network, roundabouts and turning lanes.
More info on the NAM here: SimCity 4 Network Add-On Modification
New features in Version 30 (September 15, 2011)–Includes NAM Essentials r132
- Elevated Road, One-Way Road and Avenue viaduct models have been revamped, with new orthogonal-to-diagonal curves added to One-Way Road and Avenue Viaduct sets.
- Numerous new Tram-in-Avenue, Tram-in-Road and Tram-on-Road puzzle pieces, many of which dramatically improve diagonal functionality.
- New Elevated Maxis Highway Interchanges for Tram-in-Avenue, and improvements to existing Diagonal Avenue Elevated Maxis Highway interchanges.
- New Underground Rail puzzle pieces have been added.
- NAM Controller and Bridge Controller files have been updated.
- New Turn Lane Extension Pieces (TuLEPs) have been added, including TuLEP Rail Crossings.
- Avenue Roundabouts Plugin updated, adding new BSC Ripptide filler, and support for Flexible Underpass (FLUPs) functionality.
- Two new styles of Draggable Ground Light Rail/Tram with easily-customizable base textures have been added with the Draggable GLR/Tram Extension Plugin. (Please note that due to the model-based nature of this functionality, the natively-built pillars on the Elevated Rail network had to be removed. You may need to reconstruct sections of your Elevated Rail network to re-add the pillars with this plugin installed.)
- RUL updates for the RealHighway Mod (RHW), Network Widening Mod (NWM), Street Addon Mod (SAM) and Diagonal Bridge Enabler (DBE), all downloaded separately.
- Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool (TSCT) updated to Version 1.2.6, reflecting proper One-Way Road capacities.
Update 2011/09/15: Version 30.